Thursday, May 21, 2009

When I Grow Up...

I picked Landin up from school today and he was in the best mood, it was so nice. On our way getting packed back into the car, Landin noticed a blimp in the sky (from the Byron Nelson being held near his school). He was curious what it was, how it worked and who got to drive it. I told him that it's kind of like a balloon cause it floats, but it's like an airplane cause it can fly too. That's when he asked who can drive it. I told him that a pilot "drives" it. I then had to explain to him what a pilot was, and that a pilot doesn't just fly blimps, but planes and helicopters too. To become a pilot, you have to go to lots of school and do really well at it and learn all that you can. He then proceeded to tell me, that he wants to be a pilot so that he can fly airplanes like what "nonny" (that's what he calls me sometimes) used to build. He then changed his mind and said that he wanted to fly helicopters instead. I reminded him that he would have to learn lots at school and do his very best to which he replied that he would.
I think we're on to something here!!!

1 comment:

Pautlitz Blog said...

Oh, that is such a cute story. Landin will be something really special when he grows up.